email: firstname.lastname@example.org - phone: 650-215-8958
Download Resume in PDF
EXPERIENCED UX AND VISUAL DESIGN LEAD
User Experience Expert:
- 15 years experience in designing and driving the end-to-end UX design process for large web sites, mobile and SaaS applications.
- An expert in usability, information architecture, user experience design methodology and heuristics for consumer, enterprise productivity and e-commerce products.
UX and Visual Design Project Management and Team Leadership:
- 10 years experience leading small and medium sized teams consisting of visual designers, UX designers, and developers in all aspects of the design and development process in a variety of vertical markets.
Visual Design Expert:
- Highly creative digital designer, skilled in both traditional and digital illustration.
- Demonstrated success in orchestrating the complete stylistic approach to a project and ensuring on-brand delivery across a wide range of media including interactive design, product branding, illustration, print and multimedia.
Professional Work History
Position: User Experience and Interaction Specialist
Cathexis UX - Ann Arbor, MI. - May 2010 to Present
- Consultant for large corporate and enterprise clients, specializing in product user experience consulting and interface design for online and mobile applications.
- Clientele included: Amazon.com, Samsung USA, Conway Freight, Metaphor.com, Hitachi Data Systems, Askville.com, Guardian Glass, Cambium Learning Group, Amerinet, and United Precision Products.
Position: Director of User Experience
Metaphor.com, Inc. - Ann Arbor, MI. - July 2013 to October 2015
- Defined the user experience for a process-centric collaboration product for Fortune 1000 clients including General Electric, BASF, Aetna, HMS, Mitsubishi and more.
- Lead the creation of wire frames, master style guides and UX documentation for development.
- Conducted focus groups and user testing to evaluate UI opportunites and shortcomings
- Engaged in regular collaboration with CEO and major stakeholders to ideate product strategy and interaction goals.
- Responsible for meeting product UX deliverables, leading project management and workflow coordination with design team, and hand-off to development.
Position: Senior User Experience Designer
A9.com / Amazon.com - Palo Alto, CA. - April 2007 to April 2010
- Developed next generation search and e-commerce related technologies and APIs across Amazon’s storefront and peripheral product line, including Endless.com, imdb.com and A9 Visual Search.
- Responsible for interface ideation, UI flow and wire-framing, user-testing, and final visual design.
- Lead graphic designer at A9.com, producing all marketing and public facing collateral.
Position: Creative Director / Owner
Snapdragon - Ann Arbor, MI. - March 2002 to April 2007
- Creative lead in redefining the web, video and print strategies of medium and large sized companies in a number of vertical markets.
- Responsible for client relationship, project management and execution, and design team leadership.
- Founded and shepherded company to profitability and continued annual growth.
- Clientele included: Amazon.com, The University of Michigan, AvFuel, Claus Forell International, Quicken Loans, Temple University Health System, Flint Ink Corporation, Lab126, and EFI Jetrion.
Position: Senior Interface Designer
Diamond Bullet Design - Ann Arbor, MI - September 1998 to March 2002
- Visual and interface design lead for a broad spectrum of commercial, organizational and non-profit clientele including Equifax, ABC News, The University of Michigan, and the State of Kansas.
- Responsible for art direction, client facing, information architecture, user studies, task analysis, and team leadership.
Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Associate of Science degree in Film/Television Arts and Technology
Graduated Cum Laude
- Thorough understanding of common programming languages and their requirements in context with efficient collaboration with development teams
- Audio producer and editor, podcast production and voice talent
- Video / multimedia producer and director
- Adept at writing marketing copy, script and help content
- Skilled with social media marketing, social analytics and online product community engagement
- Proficient working within Lean and Agile process methodologies
I’m interested in developments in online technology, specifically related to social media, games, and user experience. I’m a college football fan. I love science fiction – from books to movies. I enjoy games – from computer games to table top. I’m always in search of the next excellent bottle of cabernet sauvignon, and I’m often found spending my summer Saturdays at my backyard BBQ pit smoking up some brisket, ribs or turkey.
(Upon Request – please contact me for details)